Mayfest is Saturday in BenningtonMay 23,2013BENNINGTON ó Mayfest will be in downtown Bennington on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will include more than 145 crafters and artisans from throughout New England offering jewelry, pottery and handmade crafts made of wood, glass, metal, fabric and other materials.
There will also be activities, food and entertainment. School Street will be lined with vendors specializing in different types of food including Indian, German, Italian, and American and selling favorites such as fried dough, gourmet seafood, wood fired pizza, baked potatoes and ice cream.
The Walloomsac Farmersí Market will join the vendors on Main Street during Mayfest. The farmers will provide food demonstrations, samplings and, of course, local and fresh produce, meats, cheeses and baked goods.
There will also be lots of kidís activities, contests and games. The 4-H will set up a shooting range and the Vermont National Guard will have its soccer challenge. Other activities will include a football toss, face painting and dunking booth.
More than 45 shops are also in the downtown and will be open during Mayfest as well as almost 20 restaurants.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.