Mayfest is Saturday in BenningtonMay 23,2013BENNINGTON ó Mayfest will be in downtown Bennington on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will include more than 145 crafters and artisans from throughout New England offering jewelry, pottery and handmade crafts made of wood, glass, metal, fabric and other materials.
There will also be activities, food and entertainment. School Street will be lined with vendors specializing in different types of food including Indian, German, Italian, and American and selling favorites such as fried dough, gourmet seafood, wood fired pizza, baked potatoes and ice cream.
The Walloomsac Farmersí Market will join the vendors on Main Street during Mayfest. The farmers will provide food demonstrations, samplings and, of course, local and fresh produce, meats, cheeses and baked goods.
There will also be lots of kidís activities, contests and games. The 4-H will set up a shooting range and the Vermont National Guard will have its soccer challenge. Other activities will include a football toss, face painting and dunking booth.
More than 45 shops are also in the downtown and will be open during Mayfest as well as almost 20 restaurants.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.