Warrant issued for convicted robberMay 23,2013Police seek man
A convicted robber who allegedly fled from probation in Fair Haven is wanted on an arrest warrant ordered by a Rutland criminal court judge.
Five months after Ruben R. Pacheco, 32, was released from jail, his probation and parole officer in Rutland says she hasn’t seen him in more than a month.
Pacheco, who was sentenced to serve nine months of a four-year to eight-year jail sentence after he pleaded guilty to a felony charge of assault and robbery in November, was released in December after receiving credit for time already served in jail. He was ordered to live at his brother’s home in Fair Haven but his probation officer said he has not been seen or reported to his probation officer since April 9.
On Monday, Judge Theresa DiMauro ordered a warrant for his arrest and set bail at $50,000.
Pacheco was convicted of robbing the Midway Mobil gas station on South Main Street in Rutland in March 2012. Rutland police said Pacheco and another man carried out the robbery with Pacheco approaching the cashier from behind and using his finger to imitate a gun pressed against the cashier’s back.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1843, British Naval officer GEORGE LORD PAULET obtains provisional cession of Hawaiian Islands; 1866, miners claim Calaveras skull found found in goldmine is remains of 5 million-year-old Pliocene man.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown