Warrant issued for convicted robberMay 23,2013Police seek man
A convicted robber who allegedly fled from probation in Fair Haven is wanted on an arrest warrant ordered by a Rutland criminal court judge.
Five months after Ruben R. Pacheco, 32, was released from jail, his probation and parole officer in Rutland says she hasnít seen him in more than a month.
Pacheco, who was sentenced to serve nine months of a four-year to eight-year jail sentence after he pleaded guilty to a felony charge of assault and robbery in November, was released in December after receiving credit for time already served in jail. He was ordered to live at his brotherís home in Fair Haven but his probation officer said he has not been seen or reported to his probation officer since April 9.
On Monday, Judge Theresa DiMauro ordered a warrant for his arrest and set bail at $50,000.
Pacheco was convicted of robbing the Midway Mobil gas station on South Main Street in Rutland in March 2012. Rutland police said Pacheco and another man carried out the robbery with Pacheco approaching the cashier from behind and using his finger to imitate a gun pressed against the cashierís back.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.