Warrant issued for convicted robberMay 23,2013Police seek man
A convicted robber who allegedly fled from probation in Fair Haven is wanted on an arrest warrant ordered by a Rutland criminal court judge.
Five months after Ruben R. Pacheco, 32, was released from jail, his probation and parole officer in Rutland says she hasnít seen him in more than a month.
Pacheco, who was sentenced to serve nine months of a four-year to eight-year jail sentence after he pleaded guilty to a felony charge of assault and robbery in November, was released in December after receiving credit for time already served in jail. He was ordered to live at his brotherís home in Fair Haven but his probation officer said he has not been seen or reported to his probation officer since April 9.
On Monday, Judge Theresa DiMauro ordered a warrant for his arrest and set bail at $50,000.
Pacheco was convicted of robbing the Midway Mobil gas station on South Main Street in Rutland in March 2012. Rutland police said Pacheco and another man carried out the robbery with Pacheco approaching the cashier from behind and using his finger to imitate a gun pressed against the cashierís back.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?