Warrant issued for convicted robberMay 23,2013Police seek man
A convicted robber who allegedly fled from probation in Fair Haven is wanted on an arrest warrant ordered by a Rutland criminal court judge.
Five months after Ruben R. Pacheco, 32, was released from jail, his probation and parole officer in Rutland says she hasnít seen him in more than a month.
Pacheco, who was sentenced to serve nine months of a four-year to eight-year jail sentence after he pleaded guilty to a felony charge of assault and robbery in November, was released in December after receiving credit for time already served in jail. He was ordered to live at his brotherís home in Fair Haven but his probation officer said he has not been seen or reported to his probation officer since April 9.
On Monday, Judge Theresa DiMauro ordered a warrant for his arrest and set bail at $50,000.
Pacheco was convicted of robbing the Midway Mobil gas station on South Main Street in Rutland in March 2012. Rutland police said Pacheco and another man carried out the robbery with Pacheco approaching the cashier from behind and using his finger to imitate a gun pressed against the cashierís back.MORE IN This Just InRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads data direct to your head: Workers on this day... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Josh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.