Woman hurt in car crashMay 23,2013Woman hurt
in car crash
WEST RUTLAND — A woman sustained serious injuries Wednesday morning following a crash in which her teenage son was driving.
According to Vermont State Police, a 15-year-old boy from Middletown Springs was driving north on Route 133 in a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse at around 7:30 a.m. when the vehicle went off the road and struck a tree.
The teenager was driving under the supervision of his mother, Jennifer Sheridan, who police said suffered a broken back and broken ribs in the crash. She was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where she was listed in good condition Wednesday afternoon, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
The youth was not injured. Neither drugs nor alcohol appear to have been factors in the crash, police said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.