Woman hurt in car crashMay 23,2013Woman hurt
in car crash
WEST RUTLAND — A woman sustained serious injuries Wednesday morning following a crash in which her teenage son was driving.
According to Vermont State Police, a 15-year-old boy from Middletown Springs was driving north on Route 133 in a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse at around 7:30 a.m. when the vehicle went off the road and struck a tree.
The teenager was driving under the supervision of his mother, Jennifer Sheridan, who police said suffered a broken back and broken ribs in the crash. She was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where she was listed in good condition Wednesday afternoon, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
The youth was not injured. Neither drugs nor alcohol appear to have been factors in the crash, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.