Woman hurt in car crashMay 23,2013Woman hurt
in car crash
WEST RUTLAND ó A woman sustained serious injuries Wednesday morning following a crash in which her teenage son was driving.
According to Vermont State Police, a 15-year-old boy from Middletown Springs was driving north on Route 133 in a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse at around 7:30 a.m. when the vehicle went off the road and struck a tree.
The teenager was driving under the supervision of his mother, Jennifer Sheridan, who police said suffered a broken back and broken ribs in the crash. She was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where she was listed in good condition Wednesday afternoon, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
The youth was not injured. Neither drugs nor alcohol appear to have been factors in the crash, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.