MONTPELIER ó The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation said a company has agreed to pay $14,350 in civil penalties for clear cutting land in Craftsbury.
The department said Thursday that Donyon Enterprises, LLC had heavy cut 177 acres of its property without getting authorization.
Under state law, landowners are required to file a notice with the Department of Forest, Parks and Recreation and get authorization before clear-cutting 40 acres or more.
The state investigated after getting a complaint about heavy cutting. The department said the company was notified of the violation and agreed to settle the issue.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER ó Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but canít... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation