DUXBURY — A search team has found a 29-year-old woman and her two young children in good health after the three got lost in Camel’s Hump State Park.
Vermont State Police said Adrianne Wheeler of Colchester called 911 around 10 p.m. Sunday to say that she and her 2-year-old daughter were lost on the park’s Long Trail and did not have a flashlight. But the telephone connection was lost and police did not hear back from her. She also had her 6-year-old son with her.
Police said the three were found in good health early Monday on the Long Trail, in Duxbury. They were able to make a fire to stay warm overnight and received assistance hiking out of the woods.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules voted Thursday to certify its earlier rejection... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation