Polls are open for Rutland Town School budget voteJune 11,2013Staff Report
Polls are open until 7 p.m. tonight for residents to vote on the proposed budget for the Rutland Town School District.
The proposed budget of $7,845,300, an increase of $82,385, or 1.1 percent, compared to the current budget of $7,762,915. The proposal would represent a 4-cent drop in the tax rate, from $1.26 to $1.22.
This is Rutland Town’s fourth trip to the polls to vote on the school budget since March. On Town Meeting Day, voters defeated a proposed budget of $8,127,036. Since then, the School Board has cut $281,736 from the budget.
Residents living east of Route 7 will vote at Rutland Town School on Post Road. Residents living west of Route 7 vote at the Town Hall on Route 4.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.