Polls are open for Rutland Town School budget voteJune 11,2013Staff Report
Polls are open until 7 p.m. tonight for residents to vote on the proposed budget for the Rutland Town School District.
The proposed budget of $7,845,300, an increase of $82,385, or 1.1 percent, compared to the current budget of $7,762,915. The proposal would represent a 4-cent drop in the tax rate, from $1.26 to $1.22.
This is Rutland Town’s fourth trip to the polls to vote on the school budget since March. On Town Meeting Day, voters defeated a proposed budget of $8,127,036. Since then, the School Board has cut $281,736 from the budget.
Residents living east of Route 7 will vote at Rutland Town School on Post Road. Residents living west of Route 7 vote at the Town Hall on Route 4.MORE IN This Just InTRENTON, N.J. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,