Vt. supermarket evacuated after threat foundJune 13,2013The Associated Press
BURLINGTON — Police evacuated a Vermont Price Chopper and shut down the supermarket for about an hour after an employee found a note on a wall indicating there was a bomb in the store. No explosive device was found and a worker who said he wrote the note was arrested.
The Burlington Price Chopper was searched and cleared of any suspicious items after the note was discovered about 4:50 p.m. Wednesday.
Police said 22-year-old Dustin Moore has been charged with creating a false public alarm and was scheduled to appear in court Thursday. It wasn’t immediately known if he had a lawyer.MORE IN This Just InRutland's Secret Santa has announced his presence for the season. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation