Book Nook fair kicks off todayJune 13,2013Book Nook fair today
LUDLOW — The Book Nook is kicking off their second annual Summer READing Book Fair to benefit local libraries beginning at 10 a.m. Friday.
The group said 20 percent of all book purchases will benefit the Fletcher Community Library in Cavendish, Fletcher Memorial Library in Ludlow and Mount Holly Town Library. The Book Nook will offer a wide variety of books for sale and each library will have a wish list of books.
For every book purchased on a library wish list, The Book Nook will deliver the book to the library and donate 20 percent of the book’s purchase price. The wish lists are posted at The Book Nook and at www.thebooknookvt.com.
The book fair ends June 23. Store hours during the book fair are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday and closed Mondays.
For more information call 228-3238. The Book Nook is at 136 Main St. in Ludlow.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.