Book Nook fair kicks off todayJune 13,2013Book Nook fair today
LUDLOW — The Book Nook is kicking off their second annual Summer READing Book Fair to benefit local libraries beginning at 10 a.m. Friday.
The group said 20 percent of all book purchases will benefit the Fletcher Community Library in Cavendish, Fletcher Memorial Library in Ludlow and Mount Holly Town Library. The Book Nook will offer a wide variety of books for sale and each library will have a wish list of books.
For every book purchased on a library wish list, The Book Nook will deliver the book to the library and donate 20 percent of the book’s purchase price. The wish lists are posted at The Book Nook and at www.thebooknookvt.com.
The book fair ends June 23. Store hours during the book fair are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday and closed Mondays.
For more information call 228-3238. The Book Nook is at 136 Main St. in Ludlow.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?