Book Nook fair kicks off todayJune 13,2013Book Nook fair today
LUDLOW — The Book Nook is kicking off their second annual Summer READing Book Fair to benefit local libraries beginning at 10 a.m. Friday.
The group said 20 percent of all book purchases will benefit the Fletcher Community Library in Cavendish, Fletcher Memorial Library in Ludlow and Mount Holly Town Library. The Book Nook will offer a wide variety of books for sale and each library will have a wish list of books.
For every book purchased on a library wish list, The Book Nook will deliver the book to the library and donate 20 percent of the book’s purchase price. The wish lists are posted at The Book Nook and at www.thebooknookvt.com.
The book fair ends June 23. Store hours during the book fair are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday and closed Mondays.
For more information call 228-3238. The Book Nook is at 136 Main St. in Ludlow.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.