Book Nook fair kicks off todayJune 13,2013Book Nook fair today
LUDLOW — The Book Nook is kicking off their second annual Summer READing Book Fair to benefit local libraries beginning at 10 a.m. Friday.
The group said 20 percent of all book purchases will benefit the Fletcher Community Library in Cavendish, Fletcher Memorial Library in Ludlow and Mount Holly Town Library. The Book Nook will offer a wide variety of books for sale and each library will have a wish list of books.
For every book purchased on a library wish list, The Book Nook will deliver the book to the library and donate 20 percent of the book’s purchase price. The wish lists are posted at The Book Nook and at www.thebooknookvt.com.
The book fair ends June 23. Store hours during the book fair are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday and closed Mondays.
For more information call 228-3238. The Book Nook is at 136 Main St. in Ludlow.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.