Great Rivers ride Saturday in CavendishJune 13,2013Great Rivers ride Saturday
CAVENDISH — Mountain Cycology of Ludlow invites all cyclists to ride in the 18th annual Great Rivers Century Ride at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Cavendish Town Elementary School. The ride is a benefit for the Mountainside Teen Shelter of Ludlow.
There will a 50-mile, 75-mile and 100-mile trip along the Williams, Black, Ottauquechee and Connecticut rivers. Food and drinks will be offered at stops along each route, cyclists will visit covered bridges and waterfalls and there will also be a post-ride picnic.
Registration is at 7 a.m. and the elementary school is on Route 131 in Cavendish.
For more information, call 226-7503.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.