Great Rivers ride Saturday in CavendishJune 13,2013Great Rivers ride Saturday
CAVENDISH — Mountain Cycology of Ludlow invites all cyclists to ride in the 18th annual Great Rivers Century Ride at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Cavendish Town Elementary School. The ride is a benefit for the Mountainside Teen Shelter of Ludlow.
There will a 50-mile, 75-mile and 100-mile trip along the Williams, Black, Ottauquechee and Connecticut rivers. Food and drinks will be offered at stops along each route, cyclists will visit covered bridges and waterfalls and there will also be a post-ride picnic.
Registration is at 7 a.m. and the elementary school is on Route 131 in Cavendish.
For more information, call 226-7503.MORE IN This Just InRutland's mystery water leak has been found and fixed, but how it happened remains a mystery, as... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.