Great Rivers ride Saturday in CavendishJune 13,2013Great Rivers ride Saturday
CAVENDISH — Mountain Cycology of Ludlow invites all cyclists to ride in the 18th annual Great Rivers Century Ride at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Cavendish Town Elementary School. The ride is a benefit for the Mountainside Teen Shelter of Ludlow.
There will a 50-mile, 75-mile and 100-mile trip along the Williams, Black, Ottauquechee and Connecticut rivers. Food and drinks will be offered at stops along each route, cyclists will visit covered bridges and waterfalls and there will also be a post-ride picnic.
Registration is at 7 a.m. and the elementary school is on Route 131 in Cavendish.
For more information, call 226-7503.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.