Meeting will help locals seek government contractsJune 15,2013MANCHESTER — The Vermont Procurement Technical Center will host a free System for Award Management, or SAM, workshop on June 20 from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the Manchester Town Hall.
The SAM is the primary database for vendors doing business with the federal government because it streamlines processes and increases efficiency by eliminating the need to enter the same data multiple times.
This hands-on workshop is designed to help new and existing companies understand the SAM registration and account creation process. The workshop will provide individual assistance to migrate former Central Contractor Registration to SAM account activation and updates.
Registration for the free workshop can be done online at: http://vtptac.ecenterdirect.com or by contacting Ed Williams, the Vermont Procurement Technical Center procurement counselor, by phone at 885-3061 or email at Ed.Williams@state.vt.us.
The purpose of the center is to help Vermont businesses obtain government contracts. The center offers free counseling services to Vermont businesses and provides assistance on how to bid on government contracts at the federal, state and local levels.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.