Meeting will help locals seek government contractsJune 15,2013MANCHESTER — The Vermont Procurement Technical Center will host a free System for Award Management, or SAM, workshop on June 20 from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the Manchester Town Hall.
The SAM is the primary database for vendors doing business with the federal government because it streamlines processes and increases efficiency by eliminating the need to enter the same data multiple times.
This hands-on workshop is designed to help new and existing companies understand the SAM registration and account creation process. The workshop will provide individual assistance to migrate former Central Contractor Registration to SAM account activation and updates.
Registration for the free workshop can be done online at: http://vtptac.ecenterdirect.com or by contacting Ed Williams, the Vermont Procurement Technical Center procurement counselor, by phone at 885-3061 or email at Ed.Williams@state.vt.us.
The purpose of the center is to help Vermont businesses obtain government contracts. The center offers free counseling services to Vermont businesses and provides assistance on how to bid on government contracts at the federal, state and local levels.MORE IN This Just InHalloween is here and with it comes the excuse to binge on candy corn until you enter a... Full StoryWhen the building on West Street formerly home to a bar called “The Office” received ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.