Meeting will help locals seek government contractsJune 15,2013MANCHESTER ó The Vermont Procurement Technical Center will host a free System for Award Management, or SAM, workshop on June 20 from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the Manchester Town Hall.
The SAM is the primary database for vendors doing business with the federal government because it streamlines processes and increases efficiency by eliminating the need to enter the same data multiple times.
This hands-on workshop is designed to help new and existing companies understand the SAM registration and account creation process. The workshop will provide individual assistance to migrate former Central Contractor Registration to SAM account activation and updates.
Registration for the free workshop can be done online at: http://vtptac.ecenterdirect.com or by contacting Ed Williams, the Vermont Procurement Technical Center procurement counselor, by phone at 885-3061 or email at Ed.Williams@state.vt.us.
The purpose of the center is to help Vermont businesses obtain government contracts. The center offers free counseling services to Vermont businesses and provides assistance on how to bid on government contracts at the federal, state and local levels.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.