PROVIDED Christopher J. (C.J.) Grimes offers an informational system called MySightSee.com, a digital concierge service for hotels.Christopher (C.J.) Grimes of Stowe has channeled his resources into a 21st-century informational system called MySightSee.com.
The iPad guide, a digital concierge for hotels, provides guests with information regarding area restaurants, retailers, events and day trips at the touch of a fingertip: instant information for people who make travel plans on the fly.
“It’s one of those concepts that I think is revolutionary and at the same time makes common sense,” said Grimes, who manages Stowehof resort, which is owned by his family.
Tom Murphy, a friend in advertising and marketing, initially proposed a form of the concept to Grimes. The technology at the time didn’t support the vision, but Grimes continued to work with it, implementing a practical slant.
They sought a universal application. “Hotel lobbies are where the customers are; it’s the best bottleneck to drive business our way,” he said.
Though Grimes “bootstrapped” the project, all eight people now involved have “traded their expertise for sweat equity,” he said. “It’s the link between ownership and commitment, the benchmark of success — they get it.”
A subscription costs $780 per year and includes content management, description, coupons, menus or brochures, a Google-mapping function, and other relevant additions. Information is changed remotely by the customer at any time. Categories are specific, with 36 subcategories.
At this point, MySightSee is installed in 30 hotels in Burlington and Manchester, VT, and Albany and Saratoga, NY.
The mailing address for MySightSee.com is P.O. Box 1455, Stowe, VT 05672. The telephone number is 1.888.320.0042. The Web site is www.mysightsee.com.MORE IN Champlain Business Briefs
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.