GMP, WJJR to pack ParamountJune 18,2013Paramount hosts
Green Mountain Power and Catamount Radio’s WJJR announced Monday a goal of 20,000 items for the 2013 Pack the Paramount Food Drive set for July 12.
The two-day drive at the Rutland theater will run from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. July 12 and from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 13. Donors are asked to bring non-perishable food items that will be donated to BROC, the Rutland Community Cupboard and the Salvation Army.
WJJR will broadcast live from the theater on both days.
Student groups, businesses, clubs, co-workers and teams from the Rutland county area are encouraged to gather food for donation and deliver them to the Paramount.
All types of nonperishable items are appreciated including peanut butter, jelly, canned tuna, pasta, soups, pasta sauce, macaroni and cheese, cereal, coffee and tea, rice, instant potatoes, rice and bottled juice. Other items like toilet paper, baby food, paper towels, hygiene products and large-size items for families are also needed.
Cash donations will be accepted.
For more information, contact Steve Costello at 793-4031.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.