GMP, WJJR to pack ParamountJune 18,2013Paramount hosts
Green Mountain Power and Catamount Radio’s WJJR announced Monday a goal of 20,000 items for the 2013 Pack the Paramount Food Drive set for July 12.
The two-day drive at the Rutland theater will run from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. July 12 and from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 13. Donors are asked to bring non-perishable food items that will be donated to BROC, the Rutland Community Cupboard and the Salvation Army.
WJJR will broadcast live from the theater on both days.
Student groups, businesses, clubs, co-workers and teams from the Rutland county area are encouraged to gather food for donation and deliver them to the Paramount.
All types of nonperishable items are appreciated including peanut butter, jelly, canned tuna, pasta, soups, pasta sauce, macaroni and cheese, cereal, coffee and tea, rice, instant potatoes, rice and bottled juice. Other items like toilet paper, baby food, paper towels, hygiene products and large-size items for families are also needed.
Cash donations will be accepted.
For more information, contact Steve Costello at 793-4031.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.