GMP, WJJR to pack ParamountJune 18,2013Paramount hosts
Green Mountain Power and Catamount Radio’s WJJR announced Monday a goal of 20,000 items for the 2013 Pack the Paramount Food Drive set for July 12.
The two-day drive at the Rutland theater will run from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. July 12 and from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 13. Donors are asked to bring non-perishable food items that will be donated to BROC, the Rutland Community Cupboard and the Salvation Army.
WJJR will broadcast live from the theater on both days.
Student groups, businesses, clubs, co-workers and teams from the Rutland county area are encouraged to gather food for donation and deliver them to the Paramount.
All types of nonperishable items are appreciated including peanut butter, jelly, canned tuna, pasta, soups, pasta sauce, macaroni and cheese, cereal, coffee and tea, rice, instant potatoes, rice and bottled juice. Other items like toilet paper, baby food, paper towels, hygiene products and large-size items for families are also needed.
Cash donations will be accepted.
For more information, contact Steve Costello at 793-4031.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.