Handgun reported stolen in DorsetJune 18,2013Gun reported stolen in Dorset
DORSET — The Vermont State Police are investigating the possible theft of a handgun that went missing in Dorset sometime between 3 p.m. Thursday and 6 a.m. Friday.
Police said the owner, Michael Bowen, 42, said the gun, a 9 mm Astra, was taken from his vehicle either while it was parked outside the East Dorset Fire House or while it was parked outside his Pleasant Street home.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Vermont State Police at the Shaftsbury barracks at 442-5421.
Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by texting 274637, or “CRIMES” and using the keyword, “VTIPS.”MORE IN This Just InThe Rutland County Sheriff’s Office agreed to transport Dennis Duby Jr. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.