Handgun reported stolen in DorsetJune 18,2013Gun reported stolen in Dorset
DORSET — The Vermont State Police are investigating the possible theft of a handgun that went missing in Dorset sometime between 3 p.m. Thursday and 6 a.m. Friday.
Police said the owner, Michael Bowen, 42, said the gun, a 9 mm Astra, was taken from his vehicle either while it was parked outside the East Dorset Fire House or while it was parked outside his Pleasant Street home.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Vermont State Police at the Shaftsbury barracks at 442-5421.
Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by texting 274637, or “CRIMES” and using the keyword, “VTIPS.”
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Two fires, one in West Rutland in which a dog and cat are rescued by heroic passersby and the other in Middletown Springs, keep firefighters busy, sports and update on robbery at Jenny Wren's in Springfield.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Bob Dylan makes $50 bucks playing harmonica on Belafonte record, William Butler Yeats on the 1916 Easter Rising, Polanski leaves Los Angeles (in a hurry), iceberg six times Manhattan size leaves Antarctica (at leisurely pace.)
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.