Police probe Windsor robberyJune 21,2013WINDSOR – Investigators are looking into several leads and are seeking help from the public as they probe a gunpoint robbery of the Rite Aid pharmacy on Main Street in Windsor.
A white male entered the store at 7:40 p.m. Wednesday and threatened staff with a “dark colored” handgun before taking an undetermined amount of prescription drugs and running out the back door into a back alley behind the store, police said.
The robber, who stood between about 6 feet tall, was wearing a red shirt and a black mask.
A Vermont State Police canine tracked the suspect’s scent beginning in the alley and continued for several hundred yards up State Street before the trail was lost, according to police
Windsor Police would like anyone who might have information on the robbery to call them at 674-9042.
Although robberies around the region have become much more frequent in recent months, the robbery of the same pharmacy back in August by a lone gunman was, at the time, the first such incident in the Windsor area in quite a while, according to police.
Officers said Thursday that while their investigation was making some progress it was too early to tell if the pair of robberies, which occurred 10 months apart, could have involved the same person.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.