Otter Valley grad wins business scholarshipJune 25,2013Staff Report
BRANDON - Otter Valley Union High School graduate Louisa Jerome has received a scholarship from the Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce.
The $500 scholarship is awarded annually to a student who is well-rounded and has participated in school and outside activities. The student should also be pursuing a course of study in business or a business-related major, or who aspires to be entrepreneurial.
During her high school years, Jerome was involved in music, athletics, student council, theater and 4-H Club. She was a Vermont Legislative Page while in middle school. She will study international business at the University of Vermont and hopes to start her own business working with renewable energy.
For more information about the Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce, visit brandon.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.