Otter Valley grad wins business scholarshipJune 25,2013Staff Report
BRANDON - Otter Valley Union High School graduate Louisa Jerome has received a scholarship from the Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce.
The $500 scholarship is awarded annually to a student who is well-rounded and has participated in school and outside activities. The student should also be pursuing a course of study in business or a business-related major, or who aspires to be entrepreneurial.
During her high school years, Jerome was involved in music, athletics, student council, theater and 4-H Club. She was a Vermont Legislative Page while in middle school. She will study international business at the University of Vermont and hopes to start her own business working with renewable energy.
For more information about the Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce, visit brandon.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.