Inmate charged with threatening prosecutorJune 25,2013The Associated Press
BARRE — A 36-year-old Vermont prison inmate is facing charges he sent a threatening letter to the prosecutor who sent him to jail.
Barre police say Timothy Roberts admitted sending the anonymous letter to Washington County Deputy State’s Attorney Megan Campbell.
Police received the report of the anonymous threatening letter on Dec. 27, 2012.
Police say that on Friday, Roberts was interviewed at the Northeast State Correctional Facility in St. Johnsbury where he admitted sending the letter after he was sentenced on a domestic assault charge that was prosecuted by Campbell.
Roberts was cited to appear in court next month to answer the charge.
It’s unclear if Roberts has a lawyer.MORE IN This Just InBELLOWS FALLS - A government merger between the village of Bellows Falls and the town of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation