Charles M. McDonald Sr.July 03,2013Charles M. McDonald Sr.
BENNINGTON — Charles M. “Chuck” McDonald Sr., 65, died Sunday, June 30, 2013, following a long illness.
He was a lifelong resident of Bennington.
He was a member of the Pownal American Legion and the North Adams Elks Lodge.
He enjoyed playing bingo.
Survivors include his wife Jo Ann McDonald of Bennington; three sons, Charles McDonald Jr., Derek McDonald and Walter McDonald Sr., all of Bennington; nine grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Graveside services will be held Friday, July 5, 2013, at 1 p.m. at the Center Shaftsbury Cemetery in Shaftsbury.
Memorial contributions may be made to the support of the family to Jo Ann McDonald, care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.