EEE meeting to be held in BrandonJuly 05,2013EEE meeting
BRANDON — Two state agencies are holding a public forum on their plans for the Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) virus next week.
The state Department of Health and Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets will hold the focum on its 2013 Arboviral Surveillance & Response Plan from 5-7 p.m. July 10 at the Brandon Town Hall.
The plan includes the trapping and testing of mosquitoes, human and animal illness surveillance, public information, educational outreach and action that may be taken in response to signs of increase risk for illness.
In 2012, EEE was detected in mosquitoes for the first time in Vermont. Two people died from the disease.
For more information, visit healthvermont.gov or call 1-800-913-1139.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.