EEE meeting to be held in BrandonJuly 05,2013EEE meeting
BRANDON — Two state agencies are holding a public forum on their plans for the Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) virus next week.
The state Department of Health and Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets will hold the focum on its 2013 Arboviral Surveillance & Response Plan from 5-7 p.m. July 10 at the Brandon Town Hall.
The plan includes the trapping and testing of mosquitoes, human and animal illness surveillance, public information, educational outreach and action that may be taken in response to signs of increase risk for illness.
In 2012, EEE was detected in mosquitoes for the first time in Vermont. Two people died from the disease.
For more information, visit healthvermont.gov or call 1-800-913-1139.MORE IN This Just InJust days before his crusade with cancer was lost, Sgt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.