EEE meeting to be held in BrandonJuly 05,2013EEE meeting
BRANDON — Two state agencies are holding a public forum on their plans for the Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) virus next week.
The state Department of Health and Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets will hold the focum on its 2013 Arboviral Surveillance & Response Plan from 5-7 p.m. July 10 at the Brandon Town Hall.
The plan includes the trapping and testing of mosquitoes, human and animal illness surveillance, public information, educational outreach and action that may be taken in response to signs of increase risk for illness.
In 2012, EEE was detected in mosquitoes for the first time in Vermont. Two people died from the disease.
For more information, visit healthvermont.gov or call 1-800-913-1139.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.