EEE meeting to be held in BrandonJuly 05,2013EEE meeting
BRANDON — Two state agencies are holding a public forum on their plans for the Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) virus next week.
The state Department of Health and Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets will hold the focum on its 2013 Arboviral Surveillance & Response Plan from 5-7 p.m. July 10 at the Brandon Town Hall.
The plan includes the trapping and testing of mosquitoes, human and animal illness surveillance, public information, educational outreach and action that may be taken in response to signs of increase risk for illness.
In 2012, EEE was detected in mosquitoes for the first time in Vermont. Two people died from the disease.
For more information, visit healthvermont.gov or call 1-800-913-1139.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturday’s event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation