Authorities believe remains are of missing Charlestown, N.H., womanThe Associated Press | July 07,2013UNITY, N.H. - Authorities say the body of an adult woman has been found in a wooded area in Unity, and they suspect that the remains are that of a woman who hasn't been seen in about two weeks.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game and New England K-9 Search and Rescue found the body Saturday. Officials say, based on information gathered in their investigation, it's suspected that the remains are those of Kelly Robarge.
The 42-year-old Robarge, of Charlestown, N.H., has not been seen since June 27. New Hampshire authorities have said they fear she suffered serious injury or death.
Deputy state's attorney for Windham County in Vermont, Steven Brown, has confirmed that James Robarge, Kelly Robarge's estranged husband, is a suspect in a missing persons case in New Hampshire.
An autopsy is to be done Sunday.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The 22 water systems in Vermont that draw from Lake Champlain are participating in a... Full StoryJOHANNESBURG — When Cecil the lion’s carcass was finally found after he was lured out of a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.