Authorities believe remains are of missing Charlestown, N.H., womanThe Associated Press | July 07,2013UNITY, N.H. - Authorities say the body of an adult woman has been found in a wooded area in Unity, and they suspect that the remains are that of a woman who hasn't been seen in about two weeks.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game and New England K-9 Search and Rescue found the body Saturday. Officials say, based on information gathered in their investigation, it's suspected that the remains are those of Kelly Robarge.
The 42-year-old Robarge, of Charlestown, N.H., has not been seen since June 27. New Hampshire authorities have said they fear she suffered serious injury or death.
Deputy state's attorney for Windham County in Vermont, Steven Brown, has confirmed that James Robarge, Kelly Robarge's estranged husband, is a suspect in a missing persons case in New Hampshire.
An autopsy is to be done Sunday.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.