Authorities believe remains are of missing Charlestown, N.H., womanThe Associated Press | July 07,2013UNITY, N.H. - Authorities say the body of an adult woman has been found in a wooded area in Unity, and they suspect that the remains are that of a woman who hasn't been seen in about two weeks.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game and New England K-9 Search and Rescue found the body Saturday. Officials say, based on information gathered in their investigation, it's suspected that the remains are those of Kelly Robarge.
The 42-year-old Robarge, of Charlestown, N.H., has not been seen since June 27. New Hampshire authorities have said they fear she suffered serious injury or death.
Deputy state's attorney for Windham County in Vermont, Steven Brown, has confirmed that James Robarge, Kelly Robarge's estranged husband, is a suspect in a missing persons case in New Hampshire.
An autopsy is to be done Sunday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Julius Caesar dedicates a temple to his mythical ancestor, Venus Genetrix; on this day in 1933, FBI agents in Memphis, Tennessee, arrest Machine Gun Kelly; Yves Rossi flies the English Channel with home-made jet-pack.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1852, Henri Giffard demonstrates the first steam-powered airship, sailing 17 miles from Paris to Trappes; on this day in 1877, Japanese imperial troops crush the Satsuma Rebellion, Saigo Takamori dies in Kagoshima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: U.S. Rep. Peter Welch meets with Killington business owners, governor candidates debate, Gov. Shumlin discusses progress in anti-opiate campaign, Spanos trial venue moves to White River Junction.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1776, as Nathan Hale is hanged by British military authorities for spying, he utters his famous last words — or does he? In 1975, Sara Jane Moore attempts to kill President Gerald R. Ford in San Francisco.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Patrick McArdle reports and the theft of an $89,000 shotgun, police release a video of the Monday Castleton robbery, O'Gorman reports a lawsuit by a local man claiming his vehicle unlawfully seized, police leave him in cold.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.