Inez W. CarrollJuly 09,2013
Inez W. CarrollInez W. Carroll
Inez W. “Beanie” Carroll, 90, died July 1, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare Center.
She was born in Vergennes, March 23, 1923, the daughter of George V. and Inez (Martin) Willard.
She attended school in Vergennes and graduated as a dental assistant.
Mrs. Carroll worked for Dr. Reardon and Dr. Dahl until she retired.
She was a member of St. Peter Church in Rutland.
She enjoyed walking, gardening, crocheting, volunteered at area nursing homes.
Survivors include a son, James Carroll III of Marshfield, Mass.; a sister, Jane Winters of Syracuse, N.Y.; eight grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Carroll was predeceased by her husband, James E. Carroll II (USN Ret.); a daughter, Joan Tuepker; and two siblings, Gertrude Cioffi and Calvin Willard.
There will be no services.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Rutland County Humane Society.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?