Inez W. CarrollJuly 09,2013
Inez W. CarrollInez W. Carroll
Inez W. “Beanie” Carroll, 90, died July 1, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare Center.
She was born in Vergennes, March 23, 1923, the daughter of George V. and Inez (Martin) Willard.
She attended school in Vergennes and graduated as a dental assistant.
Mrs. Carroll worked for Dr. Reardon and Dr. Dahl until she retired.
She was a member of St. Peter Church in Rutland.
She enjoyed walking, gardening, crocheting, volunteered at area nursing homes.
Survivors include a son, James Carroll III of Marshfield, Mass.; a sister, Jane Winters of Syracuse, N.Y.; eight grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Carroll was predeceased by her husband, James E. Carroll II (USN Ret.); a daughter, Joan Tuepker; and two siblings, Gertrude Cioffi and Calvin Willard.
There will be no services.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Rutland County Humane Society.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?