Police: Motorist tried to run down manStaff Report | July 09,2013Rutland City Police say a man in a pickup drove out of the downtown parking lot known as "The Pit" over the grass and sidewalk in an attempt to run down another man.
James Cabral was arrested Monday on charges of aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, unlawful mischief and careless and negligent operation of a motor vehicle, according to police.
Police said Cabral had some sort of argument with Steven Burke at Pub 42 prior to the incident, which took place at 2:25 a.m. Sunday, and was in pursuit of Burke when he drove onto the sidewalk, destroying a tree and hitting a Zero-Sort recycling container before fleeing the scene.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.