Police: Motorist tried to run down manStaff Report | July 09,2013Rutland City Police say a man in a pickup drove out of the downtown parking lot known as "The Pit" over the grass and sidewalk in an attempt to run down another man.
James Cabral was arrested Monday on charges of aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, unlawful mischief and careless and negligent operation of a motor vehicle, according to police.
Police said Cabral had some sort of argument with Steven Burke at Pub 42 prior to the incident, which took place at 2:25 a.m. Sunday, and was in pursuit of Burke when he drove onto the sidewalk, destroying a tree and hitting a Zero-Sort recycling container before fleeing the scene.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.