FAIRLEE — Fire broke out in a house in Fairlee as the property was being flooded Wednesday.
The fire chief told WCAX-TV the homeowners were cooking when floodwaters began washing away their driveway. They got distracted by the storm and didn’t notice when hot oil in the kitchen sparked flames.
Fire crews said a road washout made it hard for them to reach the house, but they were able to put out the fire eventually.MORE IN Vermont NewsTransportation officials and advocates for low-income Vermonters are looking for ways to reduce... Full StoryCOLCHESTER — When the lights go out on the deadly intruders, only Susan can find her way — she’s... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed