FAIRLEE — Fire broke out in a house in Fairlee as the property was being flooded Wednesday.
The fire chief told WCAX-TV the homeowners were cooking when floodwaters began washing away their driveway. They got distracted by the storm and didn’t notice when hot oil in the kitchen sparked flames.
Fire crews said a road washout made it hard for them to reach the house, but they were able to put out the fire eventually.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — All three candidates for governor shared a table for the first time Thursday at a... Full StoryMONTREAL — Giussepe Verdi’s “Aida” is certainly one of the best known and most popular operas of... Full StoryMONTPELIER — Vermont in the 1970s was a hotbed for the counterculture, and the influx of young... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed