FAIRLEE — Fire broke out in a house in Fairlee as the property was being flooded Wednesday.
The fire chief told WCAX-TV the homeowners were cooking when floodwaters began washing away their driveway. They got distracted by the storm and didn’t notice when hot oil in the kitchen sparked flames.
Fire crews said a road washout made it hard for them to reach the house, but they were able to put out the fire eventually.MORE IN Vermont NewsBURLINGTON — The sound system next door is making it hard for Olga Lopatina to love thy neighbor:... Full StorySOUTH HERO — The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife is reminding boaters and anglers that... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed