FAIRLEE — Fire broke out in a house in Fairlee as the property was being flooded Wednesday.
The fire chief told WCAX-TV the homeowners were cooking when floodwaters began washing away their driveway. They got distracted by the storm and didn’t notice when hot oil in the kitchen sparked flames.
Fire crews said a road washout made it hard for them to reach the house, but they were able to put out the fire eventually.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — As longtime chief of staff, Lola Pierotti Aiken had reason to manage the U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed