Man jailed for assaultJuly 17,2013Man jailed
A Brandon man pleaded innocent to charges of second degree aggravated domestic assault and possession of heroin.
Keith Decker, 42, was in Rutlandís criminal court Tuesday to answer to the felony and misdemeanor charges that carry a combined sentence up to six years in prison. He was held at the Rutland jail for lack of $20,000 bail.
According to court documents, police responded to a home near Kendall Avenue in Rutland Monday night, where Jennifer Brewster said Decker, her boyfriend, has been physically abusing her for a long time and that she feared for her life.
Brewster said she and Decker were having an argument regarding his vehicle and when she turned to leave, he told her that he was going to kill her before she returned to her mother.
Decker was arrested later that evening. While he was searched at the Rutland jail, a wax paper bag containing heroin was found in his front shorts pockets.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.